- Transfer your images onto your computer. Most cameras come with a wire to connect your camera to your computer, a CD with a downloading program and an instruction booklet. Transferring the images is fast and simple. Once they are on the computer, you can delete the images from your memory card and start taking more photos.
- Burn your images onto a CD. If you have a CD burner on your computer, you can make photo discs to store or share with others. When it comes to pictures, it is often best to use a CD that can't be written over. This will save the heartache of losing precious photos. Label the CD and store it in a safe place that is readily available when you need to see your pictures. It helps that it is in a place that you won't forget where it is.
- Store your images on a public web site. There are many photo-hosting sites on the internet. Some charge for the service, but many are completely free. You have the choice to password-protect your images or share them with the world. This option helps if your computer should crash. Your pictures are safe. Make sure to back them up onto a CD when you get the chance. Servers on the web can crash too!
- Print your images and place them in a photo album. Many people still like turning the pages of a photo album and reviewing the memories. This also makes it possible for those without a computer to view your pictures.
- Create a digital photo slide show with your computer. There are many software programs you can use. These slide show programs allow you to even create a DVD that you can watch on your television. Saves you from lugging out a heavy scrapbook that only 2 or 3 people can crowd around. Check the photography forums for the best available programs for your PC or Mac. Fotomagico comes highly recommended by Mac users.
- Create a photo gift. There are many places out there including photofinishing places online that will take your image from your digital camera and place them on t-shirts, mouse pads, cups, calendars and numerous other items. These make wonderful gifts and provide a way to keep a cherished picture near at all times.
These are just a few suggestions. You will come up with many more ideas if you just use your imagination.